Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sometimes, it just clicks


Fragments from mine of 31 August, showing evolution in my use of a concept:

  •  "The answer (of course) is 'Money!'"
  •  "Maybe I should be calling it accumulated financial capital."
  •  "Government spending is the source of private sector net assets."
  •  "...most of all because net financial assets were available..."

It isn't my phrase, net financial assets. I think the August 31 post contains my first use of that phrase on the blog, apart from just wondering what it might mean. And you can see me struggle over the course of the post to get to the point where I can use the phase.

Commenting on net financial assets (NFA) Auburn Parks said

(just make sure to remember to include the F for financial otherwise you'll get people saying "the Govt doesn't create real wealth" on you)

Oh, of course: financial versus real. Suddenly it clicked. (Financial versus real is what it's all about. I know that.) Thank you, Auburn Parks.

No comments: